Wolf Spider in the day

08th November 2015

WOLF SPIDER (Lycosidae)

Wolf Spiders build burrows in the dry ground, some with trap doors some without. They are a nocturnal spider whose eyes have a reflective grate that shines up in a reflective blue colour under the torch light at night, almost like someone has sprinkled glitter over the lawn at times!  This one behaved well during the day at the entrance to it's hole, while I took some photos with the macro lens on.  

J.G.
Wolf Spider (Lycosidae)

Wolf Spider (Lycosidae)

Comments

  1. I'm so impressed with the quality of your macro shots. Can I ask what lens and cameras you use? Our macro lens is faulty, but it's not worth getting it repaired. Now trying to decide what direction to take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki, I was actually hoping these would be a tiny bit clearer, but I always hold the camera in my hand, and really need to use a mini tripod for such photos! My camera is old (I actually bought it second hand!) It's a Canon EOS 550D, using my macro lens which I love! It's a EFS 60mm. I need to use it more often to practice, but it's hard to find a still wildlife or flower subject sometimes.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info, Judi! Yes, it's all about the lens quality. I'll have to check out the EFS 60mm. The clarity is wonderful. even more so given that you were holding the camera.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the information, Judi. I think the clarity of your images is wonderful, even more so given you were holding the camera.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Jarowair Our Patch - your feedback is much appreciated. Please Subscribe to us on youtube or follow the #jarowairourpatch tag on Instagram. Kind Regards, Judi & Brendon