Pacific Baza Pair (Crested Hawk) drop in for a vist!


Pacific Baza 26/09/10 at Jarowair
Yesterday 26/09/10 I witnessed a pair of Pacific Baza's perched side by side in a ironbark tree.  It was my first sighting of this amazing bird and it was certainly a thrill to have them visit our property!  They came to my attention by the caling sound that they make.  I couldn't get to a camera quick enough to get a pic of them sitting together, but did get a few average photos of them on their own.  It was a rather overcast day so photo quality is a bit poor, but at least I managed a few photos.  Really exciting sighting!
Pacific Baza in Flight

Comments

  1. Wow! Congratulations. Bazas are really beautiful birds and you did very well to get these great photos. -A super portrait back up by a good action shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Russell, that means a lot from someone who takes such amazing pics that you do! I was a bit dissapointed with the photos as I am only an amataeur and it was rather overcast, but was pleased just to be able to document their visit. I took a picture yesterday again when I spotted one and it was a clearer day. Will add it asap.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on Jarowair Our Patch - your feedback is much appreciated. Please Subscribe to us on youtube or follow the #jarowairourpatch tag on Instagram. Kind Regards, Judi & Brendon